Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Very Late Makeup Monday. I know, its Wednesday.

 Considering that Makeup Mondays is the only real series I have running in my blog right now, I don't want to abandon it, and I've been super busy the past few days so I'm going to do a very late segment of Makeup Mondays.
 Today, I want to talk about how to get your makeup to stay on. Sure, you can buy the long-lasting things, but do they really last as long as you wish? Sometimes, maybe not. With eyeshadows and liners, its really easy to have them clump up in your crease, blushes just fade after a while, and lipsticks are just extremely stubborn and can be very hard to keep on. Theres a fairly simple solution to all these problems, and it isn't an expensive one. Chances are, if you wear makeup a lot, you already have your quick fix, you just don't know it.

Eyes

 Eyeshadow often clumps up in the crease after wearing it all day, so whats the easy way to get eyeshadows to stay in place? Give it a base. Bases can be really simple. Personally, before I put on eyeshadow, I put liquid foundation underneath my eyeshadows, and then I put a creamy eyeshadow on over that. Creamy eyeshadows do not often stay in place very well, but they help brighten up your powder shadow when you put it on over the cream. Revlon has a great line of creamy shadows. So, after you apply your liquid foundation and cream shadow (optional), put any regular powdered shadow over it and it should have no problem staying on as long as you keep your fingers away from your eyes.
 For eyeliners, I really reccomend liquids for long days. If you don't like the sharp look of liquid eyeliners, you can tone it down a bit by putting a shadow of the same color over it and blending it out a little. If you must stick to pencil eyeliner, it has a similar consistency to creamy eyeshadows, so I would reccomend grabbing an angled brush and putting a small bit of eyeshadow over it, just to keep it from falling down your face. When putting eyeshadow over your bottom lid, make sure to clean up any pigments that fall off and go down your face. 



Cheeks
For cheeks, I can only offer you the exact same solution that I offer with the eyeshadow. If you want a long lasting look, you have to wear a good liquid foundation. Its the best way to hold your makeup in place. Apply liquid foundation on your cheeks before putting down any blush or bronzer and it will last longer than if you go with just the pigment on your skin. Be very careful about touching your face when you are wearing any sort of blush or bronzer, because it may come off on your fingers and leave bare-er spots on your face. 


Lips
Theres a simple trick I learned that I find makes lipstick stay on a very long time. Apply a coat of lipstick, and then with a cottom ball or tissue, dab off the excess lipstick, then apply another coat. Keep doing this until you get the full color you want, then top off with a lip gloss. When you do this, it has a similar effect to staining your lips. Going over it multiple times really helps to push the pigment in every crease in your lips.


I hope these simple tricks help you out in makeing your makeup last a long time. Til next time, peace out =). 

No comments:

Post a Comment