Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fashion Forward: Looking at Fall 2011 Trends, Through Looklet!

 Hi guys!
 Where I work at a clothing store, I often get to see trendy items going into the new clothing season, and fall is the time of the year for new trends to submerge or old ones to stand strong. I put together a few looks on looklet which I discussed in a previous post. If you don't know what I'm talking about, heres the post!


Made by me.
 The first look I made here features a few big trends going into the fall. High-waisted shorts, skirts, pants and jeans are still "in". This trend is great, as high-waisted pants are very comfortable, and you don't have to worry yourself over your pants falling down, or your underwear showing. Long necklaces also still stand very strong going into the fall. This trend has stayed very strong over the past few years. It seems long necklaces are here to stay for a while. Vests, blouses, and other formal attire are making their way into the casual stream. These things are very chic. They say professional without wearing a full suit. As with every fall, boots are making a come back. Usually we start seeing short boots by mid-summer, and by the fall, people are knee-high boots to prepare for the winter. Over-the-shoulder purses with longer straps are pretty trendy right now. They're very convenient for a day or night on the town, because you can flick it around your torso and not have to worry about it falling down your arm. Ray Bans, and wayfarer type glasses are still super trendy, and I believe will be for quite some time. I have the sunglasses wayfarer Ray Bans sported here, but clear-lens glasses are also very popular at the time.
 When I look at this look, it screams comfy, but edge to me, and that's why I decided to give the model a dog and put her in the middle of the park. This look is something you can take anywhere, as the tucked-in top and the high-waisted pants make wardrobe malfunctions the least of your worries, and the purse is just so easy to carry along without it being a hassle. 

Made by me.
 This look has one main selling point for me, the boyfriend blazer. These things are coming in strong, and if you really like following trends, I suggest you pick one up. These things are a bit more of a loose fit than your typical female blazer, but still fit the body nicely. I picked one up last fall, and I never wore it til this summer, but I've gotten tons of compliments. These things are good for any body type. I have a super short torso, and I can pull them off, and I've seen girls who have long torsos and shorter legs, and it fits them well too. It doesn't matter your bodies shape, it flows over without a hitch. A few other things to point out are that the oh-so popular sequins from last fall are coming back. They're cute and flashy, but can be played down, like in the picture above, with a strong necklace and a blazer. Don't be afraid to wear jeans with your boyfriend blazer and sequin shirts. If you find jeans that fit properly, with only one-color wash, they'll look super classy with your already classy look. Pair it up with heels and an over sized bag, and you have yourself a very chic and stylish look, which is very good for both day and night. 
 If you want to see other looks I've done on looklet, check me out here! My name is XOMellieCoutre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment