Monday, July 18, 2011

Makeup Mondays, July 18th, 2011

The Basic Smokey Eye
This is my own version, I'm not really using traditional smokey eye colors.
 Everybody does smokey eye differently, so I'm going to teach you guys my own way that I do smokey eye. For my version, you'll need 3 colors. Most commonly, you'll use a light color, a medium color, and a dark color in the same color family. In my case, I used white as my lightest, pink as my middle, and black as the darkest. So, once you've chosen your colors, read on.
 The first step is to put down a good base. For my last Makeup Monday I did a complete breakdown of the importance of putting bases under your colors, so please go read that if you want your makeup to stay. I always use a concealer, then a cream shadow. So once you've put down a base, you're going to start with your lightest coat. Apply this all over your lid, up to the crease your eye makes when its opened. I often use a brush with a lot of bristles for this base color, as it applies the color thick and evenly across the lid. With a lighter brush with no shadow on it, blend out the harsh line across your crease so it gently fades into your skins natural color.
 With either the same brush you used for your base color, or one that's a bit smaller, take your second color, the middle shade, and you're going to dab it on the corner of your eyelid (on the top, not the bottom). Once all the eyeshadow is applied in the corner, take the brush and blend it about 2/3 of the way across the lid, into the first color. With the brush you used to blend out harsh lines with the first color, blend a little bit of color up past your eyelid, and extend it out a bit  towards your hairline.
 With a very soft, small brush, collect some of your 3rd and darkest color. You're going to start off this color the same as the 2nd color. Dab all the color on your brush into the outer corner of your eye. With that same brush, drag the color up into your creaseline, and down across your upper lashline as if its a sideways V. With the blending brush, blend that color up and out.
 With your blending brush, take a small amount of your lightest color and highlight your brow bone. Just take the brush and sweep it under your brow and blend it into the darkest color a little to help blend out the color.
 With your darkest color and a very small brush (preferably angled brush), and line your bottom lash line as close to your lashes as you can possibly go. With a little bit of makeup remover, swipe your cheek with a cotton ball to remove any fall out from your eyeshadows.
 Then, you simply apply your eyeliner/mascara the way you normally do, and there you have it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment